Electrical Estimator for 480V – 500KV
Power Systems, NETA and Utility Testing Projects
· Excellent computer skills.
· Good electrical background with ability to read drawings/schematics.
· Position is approx. 70% office and 30% field with flexible hours, very little weekend work.
· Prefer 7 years field experience or 3 years’ experience with degree or military background.
· High level of interaction with engineers, customers and field test staff.
· Must have valid CA driver’s license, USA citizen, no felony’s in last 7 years.
· Most successful candidates would have switchgear, transformer and breaker knowledge.
· Assist with reviewing prints, plans, schematics, and other customer technical and commercial specifications to develop and prepare technical solution and cost estimates for our customers.
· Assist in RFQ responses with the preparation and delivery of proposals to customers within the defined lead times.
· Partner with others (Engineering, Project Management, Field Technicians, Vendors, and other Contractors) team to solve technical and commercial issues that arise during both the proposal stage and project execution.
· Conduct technical discussions with customers, management, and other contractors on projects to identify issues and offer creative solutions that exceed customer expectations.
· Must be able to determine conformance to applicable standards and codes.
· Analyze quality issues, evaluates processes and implements corrective action plans in coordination with management.
· Prepare submittal documentation necessary for bidding purposes and
· Prepare electronic documentation such as job cost spreadsheets and
· Must be able to monitor quality performance on projects and advises Project Managers on quality compliance.
· Verify completion and quality of work by collecting, reviewing and interpreting field data and results.
· Maintain and produce accurate logs, files and other documentation.
· Recommend corrective and preventive action and produce test reports associated with work activities for customers.
· Tracks and communicates to customers, project managers, field technicians, other contractors, and vendors about all ongoing and future projects.
· Organize, Manage, and monitor relevant project files such as drawings, specifications, work orders, invoices, and various other documentation.
· Regularly conduct and evaluate quality testing methods, evaluate processes and implement corrective action plans in coordination with management to ensure contractual compliance.
Interested in applying? Email your resume to email@example.com.